Salvage Food Program
- Food that would have been discarded is donated to the food bank by grocery stores, brokers, farmers' markets and others.
- Donors are entitled to a tax deduction of wholesale cost plus half of the mark-up on salvage food given.
- All items given to The Good Neighbor Cupboard are clearly stamped, "NOT FOR RESALE.",
- Non-profit organizations with feeding programs, such as soup kitchens, group homes for youth and emergency shelters receive salvage food.
- Suitable salvage food may be used in emergency food boxes with prior approval from donor.